Sunday 6 March 2016

Introducing.... Eye Of Horus

There a new beauty and cosmetic brands starting every single week all over the world. We are inundated with adverts and press releases of new products and new trends hitting the shelves so nowadays it takes a little something extra to catch my eye.

I was recently getting my High Definition brows re-done when I spotted a poster on the wall of the salon. Eye Of Hours?! I thought.... but I had read it wrong... Eye Of Horus is what it said and I was so intrigued by it mysterious and beautiful imagery!
It was then that my lovely eyebrow lady (Hi Melissa!) suggested it would be a great fit for my blog and went about contacting her lovely contact at the brand about having some prodcts for me to try - I mean... how lovely is it?!
So a couple of weeks later a package feel through the letterbox and I was so excited to get stuck in. I had been reading up about the brand online and it sounded fabulous so obviously I wanted to see it all in real life.

The range is all eye make-up - mascaras, eyeliners, brows, eyeshadows and they have a lovely range of accessories too!
It is all based on formulas of the Ancient Egyptians - I find everything to do with the Eyptians s interesting and one of my dreams is to be able to go and see the pyramids... but that is another story. The Eyptians were the originators of beauty and with using the sacred ingredient Moringa Oil - "Oil of the Pharaohs" this range definitely has that something different about it!
Ultimate Goddess promotional pack*
First up - their signature product - Goddess Mascara. Now.... am I slightly fussy when it comes to mascaras, I have very short lashes which I've mentioned on here before and find it difficult to find wands that I like using - so as you can imagine I was a little nervous to try this out.
When I opened it up I was soooo pleased to see that it was a comb like wand... not a fluffy brush type - I hate those! I find comb-like wands so much easier to use and also find they work alot better.
All in all - I love this mascara! It is the best mascara I've ever used for separation and making the lashes look individual. The only thing I would say it that it didn't give them much volume, but to be honest I would rather they were longer and serperated - it gives the eye a much more 'natural' beauty look, perfect for my everyday make-up.


The smudeproof eye pencils are something that Melissa had talked about lots - the amount of shades they do is fab and they all come with a smudger on the end and a beautiful name - I was sent Jewel Amethyst!
 I love this for two reason.... 1. Amethyst is my birthstone and 2. they say purple looks great ith green eyes, which I have!
When I say this liner is long-lasting, I am NOT kidding! Absolutley brilliant! I had swatched some on my hand when it first arrived and even after washing my hands countless times it was still there!
I'd love to get my hands on the Charcoal Obsidian shade for an everyday black liner.

All in all - I'm loving the first sneak peek I've had of this range. The formulas are beautiful - both the mascara and liner feel soft and smooth, not like your normal high-street brands, these are something a little special.

Check out the whole range here on their website and search for your nearest stockist here. (Isle Of Wighters - Six hair studio in Ryde have just started stocking the range and they have amazing testers that you can go in and see/try!)
Follow
Share:

4 comments

  1. I use their brow pencil/gel duo every day - I love it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely beautiful, I really love the packaging :) I'm tempted to ask my mum to pop into Ryde for me; my parents live in Shanklin and I lived there for 14 years! x

    Holly ∣ Closingwinter

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging looks so lovely! Love the sound of their eye pencils x

    Darling Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great find - love the subtle blacks on the packaging.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig