Wednesday 29 May 2013

May Favourites

It's that time again, when one month ends and another one begins (someone tell me how we are 6months into 2013 already?!) 
Which obviously makes it a perfect time for me to let you know what products I have been LOVING this month. I like to have my favourites as mostly beauty and fashion based but I always like to add 1 random thing in there too, this month being no exception!

So without anymore rambling on from myself here are my May Favourties.....
ELLE Magazine ( June 2013 Edition ) & Benefit They're Real Mascara - Believe it or not these two I've put together because, yes you've guessed it, the mascara came FREE with the magazine.
 Now, I was sold with ELLE already with Miley being on the cover as I am a huge fan and I went straight to my local Tesco on the day it was released to purchase it. I was so excited when I saw that the store was stocked with about 100 copies on display and then I saw the benefit box.... and after letting out a little squeal of delight t it was in my basket and I was off! I had been wanting to try this mascara for so long, as I'd heard so many amazing things about it and I have the shortest lashes ever and knew it would be able to help me and I can say it has not disappointed.  I have used it every day since and it's slowly over taking my all-time favourite mascara the Maxfactor masterpiece max and I will 100% be purchasing a full-sized producy when this one runs out.
As for ELLE I loved this issue, a brilliant interview with Miley, amazing pictorials and some really interesting and different articles.


Liz Earle Botanical Shine Nourishing Hair Oil - Hair oil seems to be the new "thing" and over the last few months I've tried my fair few and I have to say this is one of my favourites! I've only used it a couple of times but I can already tell that it is going to fit nicely into my daily hair routine. For the last few months I have been tying to grow out my bob and slowly but surely I'm having some progress! But with long hair I want it too also be in an amazing, healthy condition and this product, I feel, is definitely going to help me out with that! Not only does it smell amazing and keep your hair from looking crazy frizzy ( aka my natural look) but it also smooths the appearance of split ends and most importantly protects your hair from any form of heat styling ( a must have in a product like this in my opinion). If your looking for a new oil to try out in your hair or maybe just need something to smooth and protect, I definitely recommend trying this out. 

Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon Fragrance Mist - Although I've had this for over a year I am still using it constantly! I fell in love with the scent when I was in America last year and luckily bought a good few bottles home with me. I always have this in my handbag just in case I want to freshen up or just fancy smelling something nice! Like I've said before I love sweet smelling scents and this is definitely in that category and because I used it so much on my travels everytime I smell it so many memories come flooding back which always puts a smile on my face! I love how scents can do that.

Fake Bake Beyond Bronze Bronze Shimmer Light - I always wondered what make-up Billie Faiers (TOWIE) used on her cheeks so when she announced on twitter that it was this I was straight online searching for my own. (yes I know I'm very easily influenced) But it has become one of my favourite beauty products ever. Giving an amazing bronze colour aswell as a gorgeous shimmer you can't go wrong with this (unless you are very drunk and accidentally over-do it.... nope not me.... not ever...) and I have had so many compliments and questions over the last year or so about what I'm using and 'how do I get that shimmer.'I normally wear another bronzer underneath and then just pop this on the apples of my cheeks and with 5 diferrent colours this is also the perfect highlight so you can always just use the lighter colours with another matte bronzer. 5/5 prefect for summer!

Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Berlin - Again sorry UK (although I'm sure you can find it on) this is from when I was in the US. Exciting story behind this actually as I actually MET Kat Von D in Vegas , but I'm going to be writing up my travel diaries on here soon so if you are interested then keep following and I will explain all! But this was given to me as a free gift with something else I purchased - which is always exciting, hello free make-up. It is a gorgeous Red colour and I have been using it along with a red lipstick (even though this probably isn't even necessary). Although it looks like a lipgloss don't be fooled. this goes on like a lipgloss and dries like a lipstick and although it can feel a bit dry I love it's amazing long-lasting effect and it makes your teeth look whiter

Boohoo Rosalie Black Leather Look Buckle Demi Wedge - Back in February I saw boohoo.com tweet a photo of these shoes and right there right then I knew that they were going to be mine. At the time I was a little bit poor so my boyfriend, being the awesome guy he is, after seeing my tweet told me he'd put the money in my bank and to get them - nice guy huh! Believe it or not these gorgeous shoes were only the small price of £30 and I think they look alot more than that. People have asked me if they are from Topshop - £30 for a pair that look £80,  a barry bargain. The style is dead on trend and they are suprisingly so so comfortable, I've worn them probably everytime I've been on a night out since the beginning of March and I love them! I also love how versitle they are, you can wear them with bare feet, tights or even some cute little ankle socks and everyway they look a little different. (Socks - ASOS)

ASOS Happily Ever After Watch - Being a Disney/fairytale lover the day I saw this on ASOS was the day I bought it. It was £20 but after searching the internet for some discount I found a 20% off voucher code and got it for a reasonable £16. (If you are interested in it now it has been, annoyingly, put into the sale so you can get it for just £14!) It is a petite watch which I don't normally like but the gorgeous face on it makes up for it. It is so cute and goes with most things, so pleased with this purchased. (Skull bracelet - ASOS, Others - New Look)

Braiding/Plaiting my hair - I always love the way french plaits look, so pretty and neat and where I have been trying to grow out my hair my number one thing has been trying to use less/no heat on it. Baring this in mind french plaiting my hair has become a perfect way to use no heat on my hair and still have it looking styled and neat. Most days now I put it up and have it plaited or part of it plaited and I love it ( and my hair is growing woohoo!)

Kacey Musgraves Same Trailer Different Park Album - I love country music and I randomly caught an interview with Kacey on the BBC one morning and after hearing a snippet of her music I thought I'd get on Youtube and check her out. Well, after about 10 minutes I was on iTunes and downloading her album - Same Trailer Different Park. If you are into country music (or even if you're not) I suggest you go and check her out. My favourite songs are probably Follow Your Arrow, Step Off & Merry Go' Round and my favourite lyrics - "sticks and stones will be build a throne but you'll be up there all alone."




Share:

16 comments

  1. I love Kat Von D makeup. The palettes are amazing! I never even thought about country music fans being in other places than America, but I love that you love Kacey Musgraves because I love her too haha! xx

    haley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I wish I had bought some more when I was over there! Omg I LOVE country music, Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum - LOVE :) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow lady! those shoes are to die for! <3

    http://lizzieashcroft.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that fairytale watch so cute! I love things like that.

    Coming over from the twitter bloggers chat, thanks for sending over your link

    Really like the name and design on your blog love.

    My link if you fancy popping over is: infinitelycharming.tumblr.com

    Jennifer (@jambellz)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for coming over I really appreciate it and glad you like it :) Will make sure I pop over and check yours out Kirstie xxxx

      Delete
  5. Jeez; You need to be teaching Photography classes, because these pictures are by far some of the best one's I've seen in the blogging world! They are freaking amazing; I'm not sure if I was able to pay any attention to the products. I was too busy loving the photos! :)

    Oh; but They're Real Mascara, will definitely be showing up in my favorites post too!

    xo, Nykki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you for such a lovely comment really does mean alot :-)!!! Glad you liked the post!! That mascara is amazing I love it! Xxxx

      Delete
  6. Lovely post! The fake bake bronzer is definitely tempting me, I've always wondered how Billie's cheeks look so glowy too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wedges are gorgeous! I'd have never guessed they were boohoo!

    Thanks for sending over your link, I love your blog! Now following!

    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are gorgeous! Also, really want to try the Liz Earle hair oil! I've never actually tried one before...

    Thanks for the lovely post! :)

    Yinyin xx
    YinyinLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them and love that they look more expensive than they actually were!
      Definitely try the Liz Earle hair oil and the Lee Stafford one is also amazing!

      Kirstie
      xxx

      Delete
  9. I have them demi wedge from boohoo! love the way you wore them! xo
    victoriasanusi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shoes ! loveyour blog!

    http://fashionfruitblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig