Thursday 30 May 2013

Shades For Summer - Nail Polish Favourites

Seeing as June is literally just around the corner which technically does make it "summer" (although I don't actually know if the skies of the UK understand what summer means) I thought I would put together a post for you all showing you my favourite nail polishes for this season.


Summer is a time to put away your blacks and depressing winter colours and make your nails center of attention
Weather it be a bright in your face colour or a super cute pastel I love the fact that in this season anything goes - fingers or toes
I've gone through all my polishes and picked out my favourite and most used colours for the summer months. I made sure there was a good variety of colours and shades because this time of year I am always switching up my colours and I'm normally using more than one at a time! (Rainbow nails are so cool!)
I love matching my nails to oufits and it's always such a good feeling when you find something that is exactly the same colour as a polish you are wearing/own. (or is that just me?)

1. Barry M - 318 Peach Melba
2. Essie - 67 Meet Me At Sunset (mentioned in my colours of the rainbow tag post)
3. Barry M - 301 Block Orange
4. Rimmel Lasting Finish - 030 Drama Queen
5. Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor - Wear Something Spar-Kylie
6. W7 - 14 Fluorescent Pink
7. Barry M - 279 Bright Pink
8. Barry M - 309 Strawberry Ice Cream
9. Barry M - 308 Berry Ice Cream
10. Barry M - 306 Blueberry Ice Cream
11.  Barry M - 294 Cyan Blue
12. Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours - 320 Pop Fiction
13. Rimmel 60 Seconds - 825 Sky High
14. Barry M - 290 Spring Green
15. Rimmel Lasting Finish - 236 Green Grass
16. Barry M - 304 Mint Green
17. Collection 2000 Hot Looks - 14 Boho
18. Nicole for OPI Kardashian Kolor - Rainbow In The S-Kylie

Not sure why a few of the blue shades have decided to look the same in the photos but you can tell by the bottles that they are different! 
My favourite thing to do at the moment is to use Rainbow In The S-Kylie (18.) over the top of other colours which makes an amazing confetti effect! At the moment I am wearing strawberry ice cream (8.) with it over the top!
What are your favourite nail polishes for Summer and what brands do you love the most? Mine has to be Barry M (did you guess?)
Share:

18 comments

  1. Surprisingly I'm missing a really good bright vibrant red in my collection, and Essie Meet Me At Sunset looks like it might be the one for me! Great post, some gorgeous colours in your collection. x

    teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my colours of the rainbow post as it is actually orange! 4. is a Rimmel colour - my favourite red ever! Barry M - bright red is also amazing! xxxx

      Delete
  2. I loveeeee Barry M varnishes. Those blues are gorgeous! I will have to invest as Im loving blue nails this summer :)
    Roll on the blue sky!!
    Jess x

    jessicaemilee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually thinking about doing a post on blue nail polishes, and maybe pinks too as I have so many of both :)! xxxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! Also my number 1 go-to nail poilshes! I think I may invest in some more of the gelly ones this week! x

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous I think my favourite is the kylie jenner one! I'm a sucker for anything sparkly!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I love the Kylie ones! They are so cute, So glad I got them when I did! Will make sure to check your blog out :) xxx

      Delete
  5. All of the Barry M ones look absolutely lovely! May have to go and do some serious shopping :x

    Kayleigh x
    http://rufflesandrabbits.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry M are by far my favourite nail polishes! Cheap & such amazing colours and a massive collection to choose from! x

      Delete
  6. I own Barry M Peach Melba which I haven't worn for ages but I'm determined to dig this out for the summer. Barry M Berry Ice Cream and Mint Green look gorgeous, I'm into my pastel shades atm. I love the Topshop nail varnish range, the colours look so pretty lined up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peach Melba & Strawberry Ice Cream work so well together I love them! I need to check out the topshop range as I actually don't own any yet but have heard so much about them! xx

      Delete
  7. I have that Miss Sporty blue one! It's so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I originally bought it because I saw Becca on youtube bought it and had it in a haul and I fell in love! x

      Delete
  8. I love your nail wheel! and shade 16 is beautiful!

    mind taking a second to check out my blog? I love feedback!
    http://rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes of couse I'll make sure to check it out :) x

      Delete
  9. Some fab colours here! I love all the blue and green ones!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great aren't there! I love blue's and green's for summer! xxx

      Delete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig