Friday 5 July 2013

Day To Night in 4 Simple Steps

I love clothes which are really versatile! One of my favourites things is when items or outfits can be dressed up or dressed down making both perfect daytime and evening looks.

This dress from FD Avenue is one of those pieces! I love that it can be worn in the summer daytimes for a casual, fun look or be dressed up a little for drinks in the evening. This is the Denim Button Floral Lace Skater Dress and I have it in a size 10. 
I really like the mix of materials with this dress and that looking at it it could easily be a skirt and top aswell! The top is a denim type material and the bottom a cream lace and I think they work so so well together!
I'm just going to show you a quick look into how with just a couple of quick changes how I would turn my outfit from daytime sunshine to evening party.
Dress - FD Avenue
Bag - Zara
Sandals - Topshop
Bracelets - New Look & ASOS
Rings - Mixture
On My Lips - Revlon Lip Butter in 005 Sugar Frosting

Super casual, hair tied up in a messy bun, big bag for everything that I need and simple make-up. (FYI I do have eyes.... they are just very squinty, it can look very unfortunate like I have 2 mini black holes on my face...) 
Dress FD Avenue
Bag - Matalan
Heels - Matalan
Bracelets - New Look & ASOS
Rings - Mixture
On My Lips - Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang

I changed this outfit with 4 simple steps.
1. My Hair - taken down from the bun, given a bit of a brush, done. (I am aware that it looks super crazy messy but this was just a quick example of how to change a look and if I had lots of time to get ready I would curl it.)
2. My Bag - It is more than likely that I won't need as much in the evening and it's nice to take a clutch out, feels more formal and it is great if it's a pop of colour to the outfit like this one.
3. My Shoes - Flats to Heels, the number one day-to-night tip. Still summery sandals but a bit of a wedge/heel makes your legs look 100% better and makes you look ready for a night out.
4. My Lips - Red lips take your whole face to the next level. Totally transforms your face even with standard minimal make-up on. Just by changing your lip to a bolder colour (whether it is lipstick or a gloss) will give you a more "going-out" look.

I also added some eyeliner to my make-up as normally in the day-time I don't wear any. 
If I did have more time in the day to get ready I would, for example, like to add false eyelashes to my look, maybe give my legs a quick tan and like I said before curl my hair!


(***Disclaimer : This dress was kindly sent to me by the lovely people at FD Avenue.  All thoughts, opinions and ideas are always my own and I would never include an item or product on A Yellow Brick Blog that I didn't truly believe in.)
Share:

16 comments

  1. Aww you look lovely Hun x fab dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this look. I always carry red lipstick incase i go out after work, easily transforms day to night :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the zara bag! great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I'm in love with the Zara bag :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Could you do some more examples???? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning.
    I love how youve shown how you've transferred this throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this red lip looks on you!

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just found your blog through Late Night Nonsense... LOVE IT! Followed ♥

    This is sucha cute outfit, hope you're enhoying you USA trip!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig