Tuesday 28 April 2015

Cohorted Beauty Box - Worth The Hype?

Beauty boxes dropped into our life over 5 years ago and with the amount of different versions on the market now it's hard to know which ones to sign upto... if any at all!

When they first came out in the UK I was super excited but after being signed up to a certain box for months and months I kind of gave up as I was fed up with crappy little samples that I had sat in a drawer that I wasn't really interested in.
Since then, I'll be honest, I haven't really thought much of them, that experience kind of put me off.

So when Cohorted contacted me I was a little weary but I was definitely curious after seeing their website and other bloggers reviews of them. The products seem full sized alot of the time and all the brands were ones I'd heard of and ones I longed to try or buy more of. Plus this isn't a subscription service like most of the other beauty boxes out there, you can just pick and choose which months you pre-order/order which is great if you have a month or two where £19.99 isn't as accessible. 
So I agreed to give it a go.
Cohorted Beauty Box - March 2015*
 Now.... you may have seen my Twitter meltdown a week or so ago about a certain delivery company posting to the wrong address and the parcel being "lost" (*cough*stolen*cough*) - well that was my original Cohorted box! So another was sent out to me and thankfully I received this one safe and sound but this post is now up a little later than I first expected it to be so I do apologise.

The box I have is the March 2015 box.... and yes I do realise it is nearly May but I'm sure this post will still give you a good gage and idea of what to expect from Cohorted plus my honest thoughts on the service.

This box featured 4 products - 3 full sized and 1 sample sized, already a huge improvement to what I have previously experienced with beauty boxes. (Plus each product is from a well-known brand which I was really impressed with.)
The first thing I received in my box was a product from Too Faced. A brand I have admired from afar for far too long. I only own a couple of products from them but my wishlist is never ending, especially with their eyeshadow palettes and kits.
 Anyway... the product I received was an eyeshadow. One of the Exotic Colour Intense Eye Shadow's to be precise. I actually received the shade Poison Orchid which is not the colour stated on the insert card provided. So either than ran out of the stated 'copper peony' or I got the wrong shade! Saying this it was nice to get a bright colour as my current collection of copper shades is pretty big! This colour is gorgeous purple and it is soooo pigmentated! It has a lovely iridescent shine to it and having green eyes purple shades are always a winner.
Next was the onyl sample size in the box, the Perversion Mascara from Urban Decay in the shade black. I don't mind getting samples sizes when they are decent brands and products like this one. Mascara's are something I am quite picky about so it was nice to have a little tester to give something new a go.
This is the perfect mascara to use after my current one. I know that sounds silly, 2 mascaras, but my eyelashes are so short and stumpy that I find using 2 can work wonders for me. I normally use a lengthening mascara with a comb type brush first and then something like this is great for using afterwards, creating bigger and bushier lashes. Top marks for this tester size.
Now for a product that I wasn't entirely sold on. When I spotted this in the box and read the front of the box I thought.... Oh I didn't know bareminerals had creams out. How wrong I was. This is the bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment. Yes a mineral night treatment, a make-up to put on at night. The treatment is meant to replenish the skin, reduce pores, even skin tone and give an all-round more radiant look all while you are catching your 40 winks.
The colour in the box was 'light' and I guess that's what everyone got - to be honest I don't really see the need to have colours if it's only going to be worn at night? Surely a translucent powder for all complexions would be easier?
For me personally this isn't something I'll carry on using, I like to let my skin have a rest from everything at night I love the feeling of bare face and it definitely helps me sleep better having a face totally free from everything.
I'll probably give this to my Mum to try out as it's an expensive product and I wouldn't want it to go to waste!
Last but not least is a highlighter palette from the wonderful drugstore brand Sleek. I had actually been eyeing up this Precious Metals palette for face and body recently, I'm a big highlighter fan and sleek's contour kit is one of my must-haves so this looked right up my street. With 4 different shades this is a grea addition to any make-up collection. Again, it is another full-sized item from Cohorted which is fab and I know I am going to get ALOT of use out of this.


Overall I am really impressed with this beauty box from Cohorted. Being £19.99 per box I think alot of people may be a little apprehensive about committing to a box unknowing of it's contents but if this is anything to go by then it will be worth it.
Having 3 full sized products has me sold completely and looking through the site and seeing what has previously been in the boxes and sneak peeks of what's to come makes me think that the box is at a well-deserved price point.
I know for a fact I won't be able to afford to commit to purchasing every month (booo to being poor) but I think a treat now and again is a fab way to find new products and try out things I may not fork out the money for normally. So yes is the answer to my question, from what I've seen, the Cohorted Beauty Box is worth the hype.

Like this post? Follow A Yellow Brick Blog on  Bloglovin so you never miss a thing!
Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

5 comments

  1. Wow, impressive, indeed! x

    www.bitchinpam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many beauty boxes out there now that it makes it hard to chose. I had a subscription with one as well for a couple months and it was just crap. All small samples of random stuff, when we were promised at least 1 full size product! I'm impressed by the high end products in this box though. I'll definitely have to get my hands on one of these some time soon :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't believe this is only £20. Some really good brands in there too! I need to try out Cohorted! x

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing and I cannot believe it is only £19.99 to be honest. Unlike other boxes I've seen, you definitely get a good amount and some good brands for your money x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 20 pounds is quite reasonable, considering you get so many full size products. I will definitely check their website.

    http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig