Tuesday 12 May 2015

6 Shades For Summer

With it being May already and those warmer months being just around the corner, I thought it was about time that I started talking SUMMER over here on A Yellow Brick Blog! (waits for round of applause and woop woop's all round)

Not long now and we'll be sipping cocktails in the sun, heading to Festivals, wearing dresses without god damn tights and whipping out those bright and bold lip shades!

When it comes to summer and sunshine I love rocking bright, fun shades and it's one of my favourite times to try out new products and splurge my dollar!
So here are 6 of the shades that I will be rocking for sure over the next few months!
Left to right :

 Bourjois Aqua Laque - 06 Feeling Reddy 
This is one of the newest products from Bourjois' range. After the awesome success of their Rouge Velvet collection they have bought out the gorgeous Aqua range. Shiny, glosses liquid lipstick with an amazing staying power! I just had to pick up this bright red shade for summer.
 L'oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick - 401 Fuschia Drama
One of my ultimate favourites here. I bought this as soon as it was released and it has been in my most worn pile of products ever since then. I love fuschia shades and this liquid lipstick is gorgeous. I wear it at work alot and it stays on so, so well.
 L'oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick - 201 Rose Symphony
You probably already saw me talking about it earlier this week, with an awesome offer available I couldn't not purchase this. The most subtle of the shades I've picked, this is perfect for everyday wear and great to wear with all those pretty florals we like to rock.
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick - 110
A classic now. Rimmel's Kate Moss collection is my favourite drug store lipstick collection, hands down. This is a gorgeous matte coral - a bright shade to suit a number of different skin tones and great for a smaller budget.
MAC Lipstick - Candy Yum Yum
Now.... this is a BRIGHT one! Another matte product and another personal favourite of mine. I LOVE wearing this to festivals!
MAC Lipstick - Impassioned
Last but not least we have Impassioned, one of my favourite MAC products I own. This shade is like nothing else I own (and I'm not going to lie.. I own alot) which definitely helps it stand out in my collection. It's one of those shades that you can recognise on someone in a second, I don't think I'll ever get bored of pinks you know.
Feeling Reddy | Fuchsia Drama | Rose Symphony | 110 | Candy Yum Yum | Impassioned

What are your favourite summer shades? I'd love to know your MAC top picks... I fancy treating myself for this upcoming season!

Like this post? Follow A Yellow Brick Blog on  Bloglovin so you never miss a thing!
Follow on Bloglovin
Share:

10 comments

  1. The matte lipsticks look amazing, I already own 110 but I don't own either of the MACs. Impassioned looks so so lovely, on my shopping list!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 110 and Candy Yum Yum. My favourites for sure!

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel Kate Moss one, it's so pretty! Coral shades are just perfect for summer!
    xx
    Jennifer | Pretty as Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely keep a lookout for Girl About Town - it's similar to Candy Yum Yum but more fuchsia-oriented. Lovely picks, especially those Bourjois glosses!

    SinĂ©ad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of Loreal Rose Symphony as I prefer glossy finishes for S/S and have the same product in a nude colour, which I adore. MAC Impassioned is one of my favourites for a bright, statement lip though!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rimmel's 110 looks absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had the confidence to wear Candy Yum Yum as it looks so pretty.

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shades all look lovely! I love the look of 110!

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the L'Oreal Rose Symphony liquid lipstick!
    I really hope they have it in the US
    xoxo,
    Soni
    www.youtube.com/user/sonibear97
    www.sonibear97.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great babes!!!! Perfect pro summer!
    xo
    Stacy

    tastyrumors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig