Wednesday 18 February 2015

5 Things I'd Like To Send To Room 101

EXTREME WARNING : Moany and opinionated Kirstie ahead....
Thin Leggings (Especially as trousers)
Don't get me wrong, I love a good pair of leggings - I own leggings, I wear leggings. BUT seeing people wearing leggings that are seriously way too thin just puts me on edge. Why on earth would you think it is okay to wear these as a pair of trousers? We can all see what pattern your Primark pants have all over them and it's just NOT good. 
Remember kids - always check your outfit in natural lighting before you leave the house, I'm not one to judge - but you wouldn't wear a pair of tights on their own would you?

Hankies
Right, this is a serious pet peeve of mine. My hate for these wretched little things started years ago when I worked in a cafe and an older gentleman decided to pay for his order with change.... change that lived in the depths of his pocket with a used hanky -  you can imagine my face right?
I just don't understand the want or need to carry around a little rag full of your snot?! Just use a tissue - bin it and be done with it! Yes that sounds more waseful but surely you're going to keep that cold longer if you keep snot and bogeys up you sleeve or in your pockets #puke.

Rude Customers
I work in retail. It can pretty much suck and one thing I would bloomin' well love to get rid of is RUDE people. I just don't understand on what planet these people think it is okay to walk into a store and be a total asshole? From the delights of the ladies and gents who chuck things on the counter and don't say please or thank you to the angry peeps who can't understand how they are wrong! (Newsflash.... the customer is not always right!)
What annoys me even more is when someone needs something from you, but are so so rude to you - do you really think I'm going to give you a refund if you're screaming at me? #girlbye

THIS message on Netflix
"Are you still watching 'insert TV show/movie here'?"  
YES Netflix of course I'm still watching, the only way I wouldn't be watching would be if I had switched my TV off. Like why suddenly ask me this after I've watched 4 episodes of Friends - clearly that is not the end of my marathon! God - I really thought we would know each other by now we've been in such a close relationship for so long!

Internet Trolls
Last but not least is probably one that you are all going to agree with. Weather it's facebook, youtube, twitter, instagram or even god damn Bebo - there are trolls. Little meany's who sit behind their keyboards or phones and write horrible, nasty and damn right unnecessary things to people they don't know or have never met.
Judgemental, argumentative - I just don't understand it. Like the whole GG thing.... which I never really said alot about - I was so gutted to find out some bloggers who I thought were lovely were behind some of that bitchiness... why? why? why?! 
Be supportive, be nice - if you don't like something? click off! Easy peasy! We're all in the same boat - treat everyone how you would like to be treated! I love other bloggers like real life friends and feel real pride for them on a daily basis!
In the great words of Taylor - "All your ever gonna be is mean."

Bit of a different post today.... let me know what you think!
Like this post? Follow A Yellow Brick Blog on  Bloglovin so you never miss a thing!
Follow on Bloglovin
To see videos check out A Yellow Brick Vlog on YouTube
Share:

17 comments

  1. I love Room 101, it's so amusing to watch. I agree with all of these points especially leggings as trousers, (I walked behind a woman for about 10 mins who had these on and I could see her thong, nice) and internet trolls argh. x

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever seen Room 101 once and I really loved it so this is definitely a cool post! I completely agree with the rude customers and also with the hankies- I'm a bit of a germaphobe so they are definitely a no no for me! xx

    www.cakeydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea for a post! I agree with all of these things :) xx

    Jesstastics.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha love this post, the see through leggings though - I wonder if people have mirrors. And what is worse is when they have light coloured underwear on underneath, I never know where to look haha

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hankerchiefs. So disgusting. Use a tissue and throw it away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes to it all! Thin leggings as trousers, like, are you fucking kidding me? I can SEE YOUR PANTS. Not even the outline, your actual pants. The pattern, the lines around your buttcheeks, everything. I should not be able to see that! I once saw a girl walk around our shop wearing A PAIR OF TIGHTS as leggings. A pair of tights! What on earth? Her boyfriend was just walking around with her as if nothing was wrong. Don't you care about her looking like a dick!?

    Rude customers. Urgh. I absolutely detest people who take their shit moods out on you. I work in retail too and some people just don't seem to understand that A) we don't set company policies B) We don't have things in stock because they've sold out C) I couldn't give a shit about how long it took you to drive in. You should have rung up to check whether we had it in stock before. D) No you can't return something because you didn't like it. Are we Blockbusters? No.

    HANKIES. OH GOD HANKIES. YOU ARE CARRYING A SNOT RAG AROUND IN YOUR POCKET. IT IS DISGUSTING. STOP IT RIGHT NOW.

    Ok, end rant. Thank you for letting me let off this steam ;) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you make me chuckle! Brilliant!

      Lauren xx

      Delete
  7. Completely agree with Internet trolls and the trousers!

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely agree with all. I also work in retail and get told daily the customer is always right! So frustrating to be friendly when someone is being so rude to you. Love this post i totally agree with the Internet trolls, you don't like them go elsewhere, no one deserves hate.

    www.itslaurenelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha loved this post! I hate rude customers and trolls too! They need to be banished to room 101 immediately! eghhh! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the hankie front. My mum always has a hanky on her and it's just grim.
    I hate rude customers too. I just don't see the point in being rude because it's going to make me less likely to want to help you. The most annoying thing though is when a customer blames you for store policy. Like, it's not my fault that there's a minimum card spend, I'm not the one who decided to enforce this and make signs about the rule.
    Rubi | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I love this! I totally agree with you on everything, especially the rude customers, I work in a hotel, and some people are just so horrible! I hate internet trolls, it's just bullying, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! Plain and simple :)

    Lauren xx
    keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love rant posts like this - I agree with all of them!

    Rebeka from Rebeka Taylor xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with all of these, especially the thin leggings (just ew) and internet trolls. I'm new to your blog but seriously love it already!x

    makeupmusicandfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely agree with sending anyone rude away! I never understand trolls.. I don't see how much satisfaction someone can get from being horrible to someone else online!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with all of your post ! Oh my gosh hankies yuk! Oh no thin leggings
    www.missljbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post :) I can definitely agree with the thin leggings rant - that's so nasty when you can see some girls thong infront of you. Cover it up!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig