Monday 23 February 2015

The Most Romantic City In The World?

Recently I was asked what I thought the most romantic city for couples was? 
Yes immediately my brain flashed up images of the Eiffel Tower, Venice and pretty beaches on the other side of the world but in reality I haven't actually been to any of these so feel like I can't choose them!
Somewhere I have been is New York City and even though I went with a best friend when I went twice back in 2012, I still saw the romantic side of the city and what it has to offer for loved up couples!

New York is the backdrop to so many amazing love stories, I mean ... Ross & Rachel, Carrie & Big, Blair & Chuck - that list is definitely endless for both soapy and dramatic relationships! The city is full to the brim with amazing tourist sights, beautiful scenery, amazing shows, delicious foods - it really is like nowhere other, the buzz of NYC is something I'll never forget. 

Like I just mentioned New York City is an incredible place to visit if you are a foodie couple and nothing epitomises NYC more than it's aray of foods! The amount of romantic,fun and unique meals and snacks you can enjoy is one of the best things about a trip!
Not only this but the sights and sounds they have to offer are literally like nothing you will see anywhere else - the for one skyline is breathtaking.
With the amount of songs, TV shows and movies focused in NYC you really could be entertained for years by it and I think just about everyone has dreamt of going to New York.

I've been challenged by MSC Cruises to create a romantic bundle of things that, for me, represents New York and it's love story atmosphere.
LOVE STORIES
The list goes on and on for these! You must all have a favourite movie or TV show which was set in New York City.
 I mean... Sex and the City, Gossip Girl, Friends, Serendipity, Maid In Manhattan, New Year's Eve, New York I Love You, Breakfast At Tiffany's.  There are some pretty epic love stories there!
So these were a MUST for my bundle. There is nothing better than cosying up and watching a rom-com or love story (as long as you can talk your partner into it!).
 From watching Carrie & Big finally tie the knot in the SATC movie to Blair & Chuck realising they were perfect for each other to Rachel getting off the god damn plane (thank God for the left phalange problem!) these all take place in the beautiful New York City - doesn't it make you want to have your own little love affair there?

Here's a Romantic NYC DVD marathon ...
THE FOOD
Okay, so I have invested in the greatest recipe book... ever! 
New York is seriously famous for it's amazing foods - whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack off the street, New York is the home to the most iconic American flavours!
New York Cult Recipes is an epitome of awesome NY foods so, in light of it's romantic flare, me and my the boyf decided to attempt some of the fun recipes inside and send ourselves on a tantalising, mouth-watering trip to the USA!
 First up the Tuna Melt!
Now this has got to be hands-down the best sandwich I've ever eaten! 3 slices of bread, cheese slices, a special tuna mix - fried to perfection!
This is amazing!!! I literally want to jump on a plane and go to every cafe in NYC.
Next - the USA's famous Sloppy Joe's! My boyfriend is called Joe so he is a big fan of this one!
The recipes in this book are super easy to follow and don't take long at all! We are definitely going to be trying alot more from this! Romantic trip to the NYC every weekend I say!
Last but not least.... my favourite - dessert!
Nothing says New York more than New York Cheesecake so we HAD to buy some! We seriously enjoyed this authentic yummy pudding - someone take me to cheesecake factory like NOW?!
THE SCENERY, THE SIGHTS AND THE SHOWS
For me when I think of New York the first thing that pops into my mind is the sight-seeing. Those iconic places like the Central Park, Times Square and the Empire State Building just shout romance too me! There's nothing more amazing than sharing an experience like that with a loved one.
I've included the pretty lights in some of the photos - because NY is famous for it's gorgeous lights throughout the city isn't it?! The skyline - full of lights, Time Square is one big light-fest, it just looks so perfect at night!

Tiffany & Co - what's more romantic than one of the most gorgeous jewellers in the entire world?! Ahhh what I would do to have a box full of their stunning jewels!
Last but not least - the shows. I am a huge musical fan - like huge! And I don't think there would be a night more perfect for me than in New York eating the incredible food and then seeing a show!
I have been to Broadway and I feel so grateful, my list of "need to see's" though is as long as my arm. Rent is a musical I've never seen so it was a must for this romantic bundle. I can't wait to have a cosy night in with the lights off pretending I'm on the otherside of the Atlantic with my loved one.

So there we have it - do you agree with me that New York City is the most romantic city in the world?! I love this bundle I have put together - it makes me super happy!

I dream of the day I can go back - but for now I'll enjoy the food, movies, music and everything I love about that place from the comfort of my own home! (Next on my list.... making my own NYC pizza and cupcakes!)

Thank you so much to MSC Cruises for challenging me - I've had a total and utter blast ( and Joe has too!)

Like this post? Follow A Yellow Brick Blog on  Bloglovin so you never miss a thing!
Follow on Bloglovin
To see videos check out A Yellow Brick Vlog on YouTube
Share:

7 comments

  1. Although I've never been, I too think NY is the most romantic city in the world from what I've heard other people say and from films. I'd love to visit one day, hopefully soon!

    UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post which has definitely confirmed for me that I NEED to go to NYC! I've been to Paris which I'd say is pretty romantic - putting a little lock on the love bridge is super cute (and maybe a tad cheesy!)

    Beth x

    Bethany Georgina | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York is one of my favourite cities - it's an amazing place, and there's always so much to see and do.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love New York and I love how you've gathered all the best bits into one post! I've been a few times and it's an amazing city. I hope to go back soon :D

    hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go to New York and you put together a fab post. I know how to watch all these movies and shows again.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since watching Gossip Girl I have always wanted to visit New York - it just looks so pretty and full of things to do. Definitely on my bucket list!

    Rebeka from Rebeka Taylor xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food in New York is so amazing; I think the most romantic thing you can do is walk along the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig