Saturday 21 February 2015

5 Things To Do When You're Bored

Wash Those Brushes
I for one, am so guilty of not doing this enough! I love having fresh, clean brushes - they work so much better and feel so much nicer! So next time I have a spare quarter of an hour I'm going to get down and dirty with my mucky brushes! I normally just use a gentle shampoo on them and then leave them to air dry for the night!

Give Yourself a Facial
Why sit on the sofa procrastinating when you can give yourself a fab little DIY spa treatment! My favourite things to use are the Montagne Jeunesse face mask sachets which average at only about £1 each! There are so many to choose from so there is literally one (or ten) for every skin type! Give yourself a pamper - you deserve it!

Download a New App
Most of the time when I'm bored I am glued to my phone - sad I know. If you are the same (don't lie and say you're not!) why not try downloading a new app to have a play around with and kill some time! Whether it's a game, an editing app or even 'Clue' the period tracker - cure boredom with a bit of modern technology! (I have a major geeky side and love playing Broken Sword.... don't tell anyone!)

Practice a New Hairstyle
Never been able to do a french plait or a fishtail braid? Get youtube up, put a mirror in front of you, watch a tutorial and get practicing! Practice makes perfect you know - you'll be the queen of the up-dos and grips before you know it!

Marathon Watch Netflix
There is no shame in sitting on your butt for hours watching the visual heaven that is Netlfix. 
Super bored and have an afternoon to kill? Start a new series - it will be the best thing you do all week I bet!
My top 10 suggestions : Pretty Little Liars, Ru Paul's Drag Race, Gossip Girl, 90210, Buffy, The Vampire Diaries, American Horror Story, Breaking Bad, Orange Is The New Black & Misfits!
Like this post? Follow A Yellow Brick Blog on  Bloglovin so you never miss a thing!
Follow on Bloglovin
To see videos check out A Yellow Brick Vlog on YouTube
Share:

11 comments

  1. Nice ideas! I'd definitely wash make-up brushes and give myself a facial but most probably give myself a facial hehe <3

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always procrastinate so much about washing my brushes, but I don't actually mind it once I started. Far too much of my time goes on Netflix (and making wild guesses as to who 'A' is in PLL). Some great ideas on here!

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Sometimes its nice to just veg out with a facial and some netflix x

    makeupmusicandfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Washing brushes is definitely something I should do when I'm bored but I always somehow manage to avoid it...:P

    hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thee are some great ideas to do when you're bored and my favorite activity is marathon ing TV and movies when I have nothing to do and I'm bored.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  6. Facemask is what I am doing today!! I love candy crush I always play that game too! Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! Netflix is a life saver some days! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' your post and blog! Such fab and realistic tips for when you are bored. Practicing a new hairstyle is definitely on the cards for me sometime soon! :-) I hear so many people (particularly bloggers!) who love netflix. It sounds pretty awesome, maybe you could feature a whole post on this? I would really enjoy it! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marathon watch Netflix is something I do quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this post :) I seriously need to wash my brushes, I might have not done them since Christmas..oops!
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig