Wednesday 25 March 2015

10 Annoying Retail Customers

I've worked in retail/ customer service for a long time - and I have seen and experienced the good, the ugly and the god damn awful over the years! Today I thought I'd do a light-hearted post about those types of customers who really grind my gears!

1. The customer that... carries 3 different "bag for life" bags with them but STILL insists they need a plastic carrier bag for their 1 item. 
2. The customer that... tells "what a beautiful day it is" outside. Thanks for that.
3. The customer that... stands way to close to the customer being served. Back off and wait your turn!
4. The customer that... refuses offers. E.g.
 "You have 2 items and they are on 3 for 2, do you want to go and grab another one as it's free?"
 "No."
 "But it's free."
 "No thank you."
5. The customer that... pays for their transaction and THEN questions you about the price.
6. The customer that... comes in 1 minute before closing time.
7. The customer that... reads your name badge and tries to catch you off guard by calling you your name. 
8. The customer that... points out the god damn obvious.
"Ooooo you're really short staffed today."
9. The customer that...  tells you that you are wrong.
10. The customer that... comes to the till with headphones in.

Like this post? Follow A Yellow Brick Blog on  Bloglovin so you never miss a thing!
Follow on Bloglovin
To see videos check out A Yellow Brick Vlog on YouTube
 
Share:

15 comments

  1. Haha this is hilarious, too true. Or the customer that tells you how to do your job.
    Xx

    http://beautybykaris.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa I can really relate to all of these! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah I love this! Can totally relate. Also the customer that comes to the till and talks on their phone the whole time!! PET PEEVE!!!

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOLOLOL!!! This is hilarious. I let rally cracked up at alllllllllll of these. And the GIFS to go with them are just spot on.
    Bee xxx
    QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work in retail so can definitely relate to all of these!!

    Sarah x
    sarahkayblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this made me laugh so much! Honestly I get so angry about the people who come in 1 minute before 5, seriously there is a garden center down the road that opens til 8! Go there!
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I love this I don't work in retail but can only imagine how annoying these are!!

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha these did make me laugh, when I was 16 I worked at Tescos for a year and it used to proper weird me out when people would call me by my name!
    If there's one thing I did learn while working in retail though it's how not to be one of 'those' customers!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha oh god reminiscing times of working in new look I actually found it worse in the restaurant business especially michelin starred because they were SO DISGUSTING, I don't even care but retail customers are definitely funny and this gave me a good old laugh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've worked in retail for nearly 5 years now (scary thought) and I've served all these people many many times. My worst though is when they use the same old joke of "Ooooo it must be free!" because an item won't scan.

    Laura
    xx
    http://ordinarygoingson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah this is brilliant and I get every single point you mentioned. My worst one is the customer asks for help but then gets so rude when you try actually try and help them. And the customer who tries to bully their way into getting a refund.... Hell no you wore it once and just want your money back!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha this is so true, especially the customer coming in just before closing!! lol
    Hayley xx
    http://tuesdaymusing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig