Wednesday 13 August 2014

OOTD : Summer Lovin' Smock & Sandals

It's an OOTD! I feel like I haven't done one of these in forever (sorry), mainly because 50% of my life I'm in my work uniform and 40% of the time I'm in pjs which only leaves 10% of my life trying to look cute!
Nevertheless I love fashion and on my days off I like to glam up and put a bit of effort in, even if I don't have many plans!
 So here is a little look at an outfit I put together the other day for a day in the sunshine... (yes my legs are white, lets not all dwell on it - I'll be in Florida soon and you won't be laughing then!)
Lol at my feet on my blog... #footblogger
Floral Headband : Primark
Sunglasses : Primark
Dress : River Island
Bag : ASOS
Watch : eBay
Sandals : Daniel Footwear*
I had been looking at this dress for a long while on ASOS (it's RI but I always like to get my stuff from their on ASOS due to my free delivery with ASOS Premier!) - I've always been a bit dubious about smock dresses as I'm not really really slim so I worry they will make me look even bigger, like wearing a tent! As it was in the sale (total bargain!) I thought I'd just order it and see and as soon as I tried it on I fell in love! 
I really like the unusal half and half pattern and it is so comfy... and thankfully doesn't make me look like a size 24!
The bag is from ASOS and again in the sale (I like a bargain alright!), super cute everyday bag that I have used constantly since getting it!
Last up I'm going to talk about these gorgeous metallic snakeskin sandals! These were sent to me last month from the extremely lovely people at Daniel Footwear, a brand which I had heard of and always gazed at when strolling around Gunwharf Keys in Portsmouth.
These are the Daniel Tinged Womens Bronzed Reptile Gladiator Sandal* and I can't begin to tell you how amazing the quality of these is. 

I'm never one for spending alot on sandals and things for summer as I normally just buy new ones each year! These are quite expensive in my opinion but after wearing them I think the price is totally jusifiable!
You can tell alot of time has gone into creating these, I've never had shoes that felt so nice!
They are so so comfortable and really do fit like a dream. I was a little worried at first as the initial zipping up at the back felt so tight and I was so scared that I was going to zip my skin up with it (cringe) but once on they don't feel tight at all and are a perfect fit! I like that they have an easy zip fastening , lots of buckles and things put me off shoes, especially in the summer when you need them to be quick and easy to take on and off!
I have been wearing these so much, they look great on and have been amazing for this crazy hot weather we have been having and are 100% coming with me to Orlando!


So they we have it, another OOTD for you guys! Please let me know what you think, I always get so nervous when uploading posts like this... I'm such a wimp!
Like this post? Follow on Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin
To see videos check out A Yellow Brick Vlog on YouTube
Share:

12 comments

  1. Ugh that satchel is GORGEOUS!! Such a fab colour! I want, I want!

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, I love the contrasting patterns in the dress! And that satchel is absolutely stunning!

    Would you like to join my Student Box Swap (UK college and university students only)? Check my blog for more details!
    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. #girlcrush looking absolutley beaut Kirstie. Keep doing them!
    www.letmegoxo.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous dress, I love the whole outfit beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this outfit! I am in my work clothes constantly too so it is such a pleasure to wear normal clothes every now and again isn't it haha! Thanks for sharing :) xo

    Natalie | Shabby Chic and Tea ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress sooo much! Looking gorgeous :) xx
    www.sleek-chic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so unique! your style is always on point babe!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour of the bag!

    lifeofemilyyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that bag, it's so gorgeous! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't sure about smock dresses but this is gorgeous!! http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig