Sunday 30 June 2013

June Favourites

Another month down which means, another favourites post! June has been mostly a great month, with a few lows! My highlight of the month has to be the Isle Of Wight Festival, I had such a great time with my boyfriend and friends (check out my 30 Day Snap for some pictures of my weekend)!
Here's just a few other things I have been loving in the month of June!
A bit of a mixture of things this month and I've actually already mentioned a few of them in previous posts aswell, but these are my top picks from the last 30 days or so!
First up is the Sally Hansen Moisturising Nail Polish Remover for dry, brittle nails (aka mine!)
I actually was going to put this in my May favourites but totally forgot about it, so Iknew it just HAD to go in this months!
I have been using this stuff for  a few months now (after stealing it from my Mum) and really love it! 
My nails are so so brittle and flaky and always have been. They don't grow and if they do then they just break - which is why I love have extensions and shellac! Not only can I feel this stuff befitting my nails but it works so so well as a remover. Just one cotton pad with this stuff gets all my nail varnish from both hands off first time, not alot of removers can do that! (if you go looking for this in the shops it is the blue Sally Hansen remover .... you can't really tell that in the photo!)
Next is the Face Contour Kit by Sleek in the shade - Light. I mentioned this in a haul post called Thank You Mr. Postman and have used it everyday since! (Well everyday that I've worn make-up)! I use an angled blush brush from the elf mineral bamboo line for the bronzer along my cheek bone and then the real techniques contour brush to apply the highlighter above it! I then use the blush brush again from Real Techniques to blend them together to avoid any harsh lines. I love the effect and the quality of the product is amazing, I keep getting asked if I'm wearing High Beam (a Benefit highlighter) on my cheeks - well worth the price it is now a staple in my make-up bag.
Pretty isn't it? Yup I've got myself a new bag this month, so clearly it has to be in my favourites!
This is the mini shopper bag from Zara (I'm sure you've all seen it before!). I don't have a Zara anywhere near where I live so I always get my stuff from their online store. Originally I did want the orange version of this bag but unfortunately they didn't have that one available on the website so I settled for this gorgeous green colour. (Although black is a great colour as it goes with everything I fancied something a little different this season)! I think this bag is such a bargain for the price -  only £22.99 - and the size, for me, is perfect! 
I always seem to manage to have everything in my bag, I feel the need to be prepared for any situation or outcome so space is a big thing for me and although it looks fairly small it really isn't! I've used this everyday for weeks and keep getting loads of compliments on it, if the orange shade ever goes online I will 100% be buying that one too! (What's in my bag? post will be up later this week!)
                 
First of all ... LOL at my foot sneaking in the photo, I've only just noticed this as I'm writing this section - doh!
If you read blogs alot, watch youtube, go on twitter or hell, just use the internet you are going to have heard so much about  these already! Baring this in mind I shan't bore you for long. These are some of my Real Techniques brushes - the best brushes I own. From left to right you have - the Powder, Buffing , Blush, Stippling, Contour & Expert Face brushes. I use most of these daily, they are so soft and give the best results for someone who wears a full-face of make-up like myself - a fantastic investment.
Now, I could do a whole post about these. If you are a regular reader (thank you) you would have already seen me rave about these in my recent post - Kirstie's Beauty Buys Of The Week. A few weeks ago now I purchased the pink shade on the right - Nova. I immediately fell in love with the feel and result of it and knew I would be purchasing more.
 After searching high and low for a new red lipgloss I knew this was going to be the one - Big Bang (left) is such an amazing colour and I love that I have the look and stay of a lipstick and the shine of lipgloss all in one!
 These lip lacquers are faultless I'm going to be buying more this week!
Guilty confession to make with this one. I copied my Mum! She has the larger version and this one and I always think they look so cute! So this week when I saw this on sale for half price I had to buy it! 
It is from M&Co (I think this is actually the first thing I've ever bought from there) and was down to £6 from £12. I've put all my small stacking rings in here and it's replaced the glass ashtray that was featured in my Make-up Storage post with it.
In my last favourites posts I shared with you my favourite album of the month and this month is going to be no different!
 I cannot stop listening to Demi Lovato's new album - Demi! This is my sort of music, girly, fun, a few ballads and great to sing along too! It is one of those albums that you only have to listen to once and you know you love it, I have been playing it non-stop for weeks and weeks! My favourite tracks are Nightingale, Warrior, Made In The USA & Really Don't Care (which features Cher Lloyd!).

What have you been loving this month?!
Share:

31 comments

  1. I love both of those shades of apocalips! I've been wearing them non-stop :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! The red is so perfect can't wait to wear it on a night out! x

      Delete
  2. This contour kit is so good for the price, I've been wearing it most days as well! :)

    I also love the sally hansen nail polish remover, until recently I started using the bourjois 1 second nail polish remover, that works wonders too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, the perfect colours! Oooo I'll have to try that one aswell! x

      Delete
  3. haha I never noticed yout foot until you pointed it out.
    i was looking at the glosses on Friday and didn't buy one but i wish i had now!!

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I only noticed it when I started writing and I was like for god sake foot - trying to get some attention!! Honestly they are amazing x

      Delete
  4. Great post! I am about to follow you, maybe you could head over to my blog and follow me too? PS- Love the design of your blog!!!!!!
    www.charlyb128.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much I'll make sure to check out your blog :)xx

      Delete
  5. love your geen zara bag! and demi album is amazing x
    victoriasanusi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! It really is isn't it, I keep playing it on repeat! x

      Delete
  6. Wow, I loove Nova! It's my favorite shade
    Personally, I adore that green Zara bag, the orange is cute too, but I would have gone for the green too!

    http://thecashmerediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really love it too, so glad I picked it over black aswell! xxx

      Delete
  7. I LOVE the real techniques brushes, they are so much better than the Mac brushes I have :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a bargain for the price, such amazing quality! x

      Delete
  8. Woah I love that Zara bag - such a gorgeous unique colour :) love RT brides too - probably a favourite of mine every month! Lovely post! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) So so happy with my bag - worth every penny! x

      Delete
  9. I adore real techniques!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour of the Zara bag xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great favorites. I have several RT eye brushes which are amazing and also have their stippling brush. I haven´t used it very much, yet and so I am not sure yet if I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all! I can't wait to purchase the eye brushes! x

      Delete
  12. Love the colour of your bag, it's lovely!
    The Real Techniques brushes are fab, too.
    I've only got one of the Apocalips and we really have not got on well at all, though :(

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's such a shame!! Love the brushes and so glad I bought the bag! x

      Delete
  13. You are on the ball with your June Favorites! If I do a favs post I never get it up this early!! I need the apocolips asap! Im waiting on Walgreens to get the US version!

    xoxo
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was pretty early wasn't I! They are so good, I'm sure it won't be long til you guys get them! x

      Delete
  14. I love Demi's new album Demi xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need a new one of the Sally Hansen remover - I'm using a Cutex one at the minute and it's useless in comparison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so good! i won't be buying a different one for a long time! x

      Delete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig