Sunday 2 June 2013

My Make-up Storage

About a year or so ago my make-up collection was probably about 4 times the size of what it is now, but after a few extremely brutal clearouts I have finally got it down to just the stuff I love and use.
What was the point in me holding onto a lipgloss (or 10) that I've had for 7 years and never use? Or foundations I hate but kept anyway? Or mascaras that are definitely out of date? There wasn't one!
 I still buy more make-up at least a couple of times a month and it's not like I'm short of anything but it is so nice to have condensed it down and finally have it in a tidy and organised fashion!  
I said on twitter than once I hit 100 GFC followers on here (thank you to everyone single person who has taken the time to follow) I would do this post so here it is - a guided tour around my make-up storage/ my dresser!
 I'm not going to bore you with what is in every drawer but if anyone would like that then please let me know in the comments below or via twitter @KirstieLouiseS (p.s.All the acrylic drawers are from Muji.)
A - My Revlon light-up make-up mirror, the current hair oils that I am using which are Liz Earle's Botanical Shine Nourishing Hair Oil & Lee Stafford's Argan Oil & a vanilla candle from Tesco.

B - Photo frame which I actually won in a raffle and I love it to pieces and a studded hairband from Primark. (Photo in the photo frame is one I took in LA of the Beverly Hills sign.)



C - Cotton wool pad jar is actually a sweet jar from Laura Ashley which I got in the sales at Christmas & my Urban Decay Naked palette which is by far one of the best make-up purchases ever, I swear by it.

D - My powders & foundations which include Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation & Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation. 
 I use L'Oreal True Match daily but if I am going on a night out then I always use my Mac Studio Sculpt as the coverage is amazing but I don't like to use it for boring things like going to town/popping out as I think it's a waste of an expensive product and would rather save it!

E - The back holders are full of my brushes which are mostly by elf and range from eyeshadows brushes to stippler brushes and fluffy powder brushers. Then the front left is full of correctors, concealers and fixing products such as a the urban decay eyeshadow primer from the naked palette and elf's mist and set spray. Front right is full of tools and extra little things that I may need such as nail scissors, a spare travalo, nail files, perfume tester, eyelash glue and my amazing Jemma Kidd tweezers.

F - This drawer is full of bronzers, blushes and highlighters. I don't wear blushes that must but still own a few and I love buying new bronzers all the time. A few of my favourites in this drawer are Mac mineralize skin finish natural in Give Me Sun!, St. Tropez Bronzing Brick and Maxfactor Bronzing powders in 01 Golden & 02 Bronze. 
G - On the top of these drawers I keep a lot of my rings in a dish and also have a stone from the shipwreck beach in Zante, Greece where I went last year. (Google it, it is incredible and I had to take a memento with me!) I also have an American quarter as a little memory from when I went travelling.

H - These have to be my favourite drawers and ones that I use the most. I have an addiction to buying lipsticks and other lip products and condensing my collection of these was definitely the most tricky!
 From top to bottom we have ..... Favourite and most used lipglosses, Red lipsticks and products, nude and light pink shade lipsticks, dark and bright pink shade lipsticks and the bottom drawer is full of extra eye shadows (even though I mainly just use my naked palette), mascaras and eyeliners.
(With having a large collection of lipglosses and lipsticks I actually have an extra tin of them in a separate drawer but thought I wouldn't bore you with a photo!)

I keep all my day-to-day make-up (if you're interested I did a post about it here.) together in my DASH Make-up bag which I got from the store in New York as I like to have it all together rather than picking it out from different drawers every morning.
I would love to know what you thought of this post and how you store your make-up collection, leave your comments below!

Share:

22 comments

  1. I love posts like this! I'm moving into a new flat soon and the first thing on my list to purchase is muji drawers!
    I love your storage! Great post!!

    Rosie xx
    rosiealexandraa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend them - so simple and easy and all fit together so well! Thank you so much xxxx

      Delete
  2. ooh i love the muji storage, and all of your make up! i need a serious clean out! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a cleaout and making it organised was the bset thing I ever did for it! So easy to find everything and no crappy products that I don't use hanging around anymore! xxxx

      Delete
  3. great setup (:

    xx Liz
    lizlovesmakeupx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thats so great!!
    I'd really like to organize all my stuff so this is actually really helpful!

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found this helpful Kelly! These drawers are definitely a fantastic buy and so so easy to set up and organise! xxx

      Delete
  5. I wish I was as organised as you are! Mines all in lunch boxes and makeup bags.

    Great post!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not I am the messiest person ever, this is the only thing in my room that is tidy haha think it's because I love my make-up so much! xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for leaving me your link in tonight's chat, i love this set up very much what i want mine to look like x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog Becky, glad you liked the post :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely storage post! You have everything I would ever want and more :)

    Eve x | ChantellEve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eve, I will make sure to check out your blog xxx

      Delete
  8. Love your makeup storage. I also use the l'oreal true match. It is great isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nia! Yes, I love it, having used it for probably over 5 years now, perfect for an everyday foundation! x

      Delete
  9. i love your storage - i keep the majority of my collection in muji drawers too, they're lifesavers for organising everything!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are brilliant aren't they, I definitely want to get some more for all the make-up I have that doesn't fit in them at the moment! I will make sure to check out your blog :) xxx

      Delete
  10. Oooh love all this storage! It's so clean and organized. All mine is scattered about my room, but would rather it all be in one place like this. Thanks for the post xx

    haley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, really glad you like it :) These were definitely one of the best things I have ever bought for my room, always get compliments on them when people come round! I will make sure to pop over to your blog Haley x

      Delete
  11. Great storage, reminds me I need to get organised haha!xx

    beautylifemichelle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig