Sunday 9 June 2013

Hot Reds - Lipstick Favourites

Red lipstick is a classic. Weather you're wearing it with a full-face of make-up or just as a pop of colour with a casual outfit it always looks good. I love a red lip and as well as wearing it on nights out I have also started wearing it in the daytime aswell!
A few weeks ago I did my Pink & Pouty - PINK Lipstick Favourites post and after having so many lovely comments on both here and twitter I thought what better than to do the same thing with my favourite and most used red lipsticks!

Weather blonde or brunette (and more or less any other colour), pale or dark skinned red lipsticks always seem to compliment a person. They are such an easy way of taking your look to the next level, a simple outfit and natural make-up can be totally transformed by just adding a red lip. I love a plain and simple eye with a bold lip which I've noticed recently on a few celebs, it looks gorgeous.

Obviously I don't think there are as many shockingly different red shades out there on the market as pink but still my favourites still consist of 8 lipsticks, just like my pink post! These aswell are mostly cheaper drugstore brands which is always good for the bank balance!






















1. 17 - Hot Stuff
2. e.l.f. - Fearless
3. MAC - M.A.C. Red (also featured in my Colours Of The Rainbow Tag Post.)
4. Rimmel - 321 Diva Red
5. Rimmel - 170 Alarm
6. e.l.f. mineral - Cheerful Cherry
7. e.l.f. - Posh
8. e.l.f. matte lip colour - Rich Red


I'd say my most worn out of all of these are numbers 1, 3 & 5. I only recently just got number 8 and I hadn't used a product like this before but I love it! So easy to put on and the colour lasts for ages - I think I also got this in the sale on e.l.f. so it was really really good value for money too! 
Another thing I love to do is use my Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick over the top of the brighter reds, it really helps keep the colour on for longer and I love the finish it gives.

I used to have the Barry M limited edition red lipgloss which I lived it, I thought it was fantastic and I didn't even have to wear it with a lipstick all the time BUT it has run out so if anyone knows of any amazing red lipglosses (which aren't too crippling for the bank balance) please let me know!

Here's just a few photo's of me with these lipsticks on.

What are your favourite red lipsticks?



Share:

28 comments

  1. Gorgeous shades - red lipstick really suits you :)



    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of red lipsticks, I Love the look of no 5!

    Kylie x
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wear that one on a night out, I love it! xxx

      Delete
  3. Great range of lipsticks, I really love red lipstick too. Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Really red (006) has to be one of my all time favorites and its not too pricey either!
    Great post, I really enjoyed reading this :)
    Sam x
    http://lipstickandlectures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I'll definitely be on the look out for that! I want some more bright really red shades! So so glad you enjoyed it and thank you so much for the lovely comment x

      Delete
  4. Wow, I'm incredibly jealous of your lipstick collection! I've only got two - MAC's 'Lady Danger' and 'Russian Red'. I think it's about time I invest in some more.
    Bekki / www.inguz-fashion.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Rimmel Alarm looks gorgeous. I always shy away from red lipsticks for some reason, maybe I'm just not confident enough to wear them, but I'm going to dare myself to wear one next time I'm getting dressed up :)

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I used to feel like that, that my lips would stand out way to much or something but I look at it on other people and think it looks so nice! xxxxx

      Delete
  6. The elf lip colour (no.8) looks great and I love the way its packaged! Really want to try that!

    Yinyin xx
    YinyinLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one, only got it recently but I love the style of the product! x

      Delete
  7. I love red lip color...
    A new follower =) would love it if you follow back
    http://glittersmitter5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I'll make sure to come over:) xxx

      Delete
  8. Great picks! I love Rimmel Alarm, I always look at it to purchase but never have haha.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alarm is always my go-to red lip I love it! Rimmel lipsticks are always really good! Xxxx

      Delete
  9. I wore a red lip daily for years and although its still a favorite look of mine Im trying to be adventurous with other colors. I really like MAC Brave Red:) Wonderful picks lovely xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to wear it everyday, I'm just definitely too lazy!! I'm going to check out 'Brave Red' sounds really nice! Thank you so much for your comment x

      Delete
  10. u really rock a red lip!!

    i LOVE cherry lip liner by mac but fill in my lips with it. it's just a good shade for me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get some more lipliners! I only have about 3 and they are all really cheap ones - not cool! xxxxxx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Mac, Barry M & Rimmel are the BEST lipsticks for sure!

      Delete
  12. i'm a big lover of red lipsticks! it really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! I love them too so girly! xxxx

      Delete
  13. I LOVE the Elf lip colors. I have the nude & pink and wear them all the time. They're one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their mineral lipsticks have loads of the pink and nude ones too! Such a bargain!

      Delete
  14. ELF also do a really fab red lipgloss - Studio Glossy Gloss in Merry Cherry. It's a much truer red than the pictures on the site suggest! I'm also a big lover of that Matte Lip Colour you showed from them, have you tried the Natural colour? It's beautiful!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I must check this out, really looking out for a red lipgloss this sounds pefect. thank you! x

      Delete

Thank you so so much for coming over and checking out my blog! Feel free to leave a comment or question - or for an instant answer tweet me @alohakirstie and I'll be sure to get back to you asap :)

© Aloha Kirstie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig